An Introduction to 'Letters of Credit'.
Online | Download
Form and Register | Email
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
This is a one-day program offered by the Corporate Credit and Risk Management division of Credit Guru Inc.
A Letter of Credit, also known as LC or Documentary Credit, is a commonly used instrument for effecting payment between a buyer and a seller. It can be a vital part of mitigating a seller's risk of payment in either international trade or domestic business.
This course will allow the participant to gain a good understanding of the technical elements involved in the usage of a Letter of Credit and help avoid costly errors that could lead into nonpayment.
The course is case-based, interesting and very practical.
Each participant receives excellent course material and is awarded a 'Certificate of Completion' at the end of the course.
Who should attend:
This seminar will be of particular benefit to those credit, sales, business associates and managers involved in international trade. It would also benefit those who are interested in learning more about risk mitigation or are planning on breaking into foreign markets.
- What is a 'Letter of Credit'?
- What are some common payment terms used in international trade?
- Why are 'Letters of Credit' used?
- How are 'Letters of Credit' issued?
- How does a 'Letter of Credit' work with commercial transaction relating to Domestic and International trade?
- Who are the different parties to the 'Letter of Credit'?
- What are the responsibilities and the roles of the different parties to the 'Letter of Credit'?
- What are the different trade terms used in a 'Letter of Credit'?
- What are the different payment terms that can be incorporated in a 'Letter of Credit'?
- What are the different types of 'Letters of Credit'
- What Principles and laws apply to 'Letters of Credit'?
- What are the common scams, problems and their solutions?
- What are some important web resources related to 'Letters of Credit'?
What you will learn:
- Why and when to use 'Letters of Credit'
- The impact of 'Letters of Credit' on the success or failure of your trade transaction
- Select and employ the correct type of 'Letter of Credit' depending on your trade transaction.
- Utilize the correct trade and payment terms
- Avoid costly errors
- Significantly improve payment turnaround time
Our Course Instructor:
Our course instructors have solid practical experience and are experts in the areas surrounding corporate credit and risk management. They have instructional styles that make difficult concepts easy to comprehend and are trained to impart a great overall learning experience. That is the reason why we unconditionally offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Other Course Details:
- The seminar fee includes all seminar material, lunch and refreshments
- There is a SPECIAL TEAM SAVINGS provision when two or more members from the same organization register for this program at the same time for the same date. For this particular course SAVE $20 per participating member.
- Upon completion a participant can apply for the membership to the CREDIT GURU ALUMNI. This is our web-based Alumni.
- Fees and dates advertised for this course are subject to change and Credit Guru Inc's liability is limited to the reimbursement of the paid Seminar fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If for valid reasons you are unable to attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo towards a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment administration fee.
Nonattendance will incur the full seminar fee and no refunds will be applicable.
This seminar can be delivered to you at your location. You can find out more by calling us at (416)282-2216 or Toll free at 1-866-892-GURU Email at email@example.com or Request Onsite Training Quote
PRODUCT CODE: ILC05