Privacy Law and its impact on Credit and Collection Management.
Online | Download
Form and Register | Email
Time: 9 am to 12 pm
This half-day program offered by the Corporate Credit & Risk Management division of Credit Guru Inc., succinctly reflects on the impact of the new federal law on privacy of individuals and its impact on managing the credit process in the private sector.
If as a business you collect, use or disclose personal information then Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act [PIPEDA] takes primacy. The information that your business collects uses or discloses on individuals is governed by this act and compliance is now mandatory. Businesses need to reflect seriously about the impact of information technologies on the lives of their consumers. They need in particular to examine the impact of those technologies on the fundamental human right we call privacy.
This course will help you in fulfilling your mandate to the protection of personal information through the application of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) in enforcing your obligation in credit and collection management.
Each participant receives excellent course material and is awarded a 'Certificate of Completion' at the end of the course.
Who should attend:
What you will learn-By attending this seminar, you should:
- Privacy and Business
- Overview of the private sector privacy law
- Principles of Privacy and its application on Credit and Collection
- Obligations under the act
- Managing Compliance
- Case summaries
Our Course Instructor:
- Understand your obligations as a creditor under the laws governing privacy of an individual
- Be able to review and revise your credit, collection policy in dealing with the collection, use and disclose of personal information.
- Get the appropriate consent for the different classes of information
- Be able to implement security measures for privacy compliance.
- Be able to deal with complaints under the strict timelines and guidelines of the Act
- Understand the rules of retention of records and destroying them
- Know when to ask for SIN number
- Understand the impact of outsourcing information under the Act
- Understand how the act influences III parties working on your behalf in credit and collections.
- Be able to mange compliance with or as a privacy officer of your company.
Our course instructor has managed the privacy compliance policy in a leading multi-national corporation. He was taught this course across Canada to Privacy officers and persons responsible for implementing the privacy principles in credit and collections policy. His solid practical experience and his expertise in this areas combined with his easy to understand instructional style will impart a great overall learning experience. That is the reason why we unconditionally offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Other Course Details:
The seminar fee includes all seminar material and refreshments
There is a SPECIAL TEAM SAVINGS provision when two or more members from the same organization register for this program at the same time for the same date. For this particular course SAVE $25 per participating member.
Upon completion a participant can apply for the membership to the CREDIT GURU ALUMNI. This is our web-based Alumni.
Fees and dates advertised for this course are subject to change and Credit Guru Inc's liability is limited to the reimbursement of the paid Seminar fee.
If for valid reasons you are unable to attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo towards a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment administration fee.
Nonattendance will incur the full seminar fee and no refunds will be applicable.
On Site Training:
This seminar can be delivered to you at your location. You can find out more by calling us at (416)282-2216 or Toll free at 1-866-892-GURU  -Email at email@example.com or Request Onsite Training Quote
PRODUCT CODE: PIP05