Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) and the Credit Professional.
Online | Download
Form and Register | Email
Time: 9 am to 1 pm
This half-day program gives you an overview of the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) and its impact on Credit Management.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), enacted in July 2002 by the Bush administration in the US, is designed to avoid the unbridled financial and accounting irregularities and surprises that were exposed in 2001 and 2002, and to protect the public and investors. The act focuses on the conduct of the officers and public accounting firms to give adequate financial disclosure in financial statements of public companies.
Although SOX applies to publicly-traded companies its affects are permeating non-publicly traded and Canadian organizations. It is also redefining the roles and responsibilities of credit and collections function. Private or foreign companies having trade relationships with banks or publicly-traded companies in the US may soon become favoured partners if they are or become SOX compliant. It would be in your best interest to get an overview of this new law.
In order to comply with certification requirements of SOX, companies are increasingly requesting that the head of their credit function attest to the accuracy of their own numbers that are reported for financial reporting to senior management.
What are the implications of signing off on these certifications and how will this effect the reporting overall reporting of the credit function will be the key issues covered in this course.
Each participant receives excellent course material and is awarded a 'Certificate of Completion' at the end of the course.
Who should attend:
This seminar will be of particular benefit to those credit, sales, business owners, non-financial business associates and managers involved in and managing financial results.
- Overview of Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Compliance issues and deadlines
- Sarbanes Oxley Stakeholders
- The impact of SOX on different business areas.
- Certification of Financial Condition
- Disclosure of Controls and Procedures
- The responsibility of the credit function in the process of compliance
- Developing an Action Plan
- Workings of good Internal Controls and other solutions
- SOX and the future with financial reporting
What you will learn - By attending this seminar, you will:
- be ready for the changes coming your way owing to SOX requirements
- understand the requirements of this new law and its far reaching application to the workings within the credit and collection business unit.
- review internal controls under Section 404 of SOX
- be able to review your policies and procedures to test for SOX compliance
- understand what certification might be required from credit management and what could be the implications of such certifications.
Our Course Instructor:
Our course leader on this topic has worked as a risk and credit management professional for over a decade. He has worked in a senior consultant and management capacity with D&B. He has written credit policy and procedure documents for numerous North American corporations. His instructional style makes difficult financial concepts easy to comprehend. That is the reason why we unconditionally offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for this course!
Other Course Details:
- The seminar fee includes all seminar material and refreshments
- There is a SPECIAL TEAM SAVINGS provision when two or more members from the same organization register for this program at the same time for the same date. For this particular course SAVE $20 per participating member.
- Upon completion a participant can apply for the membership to the CREDIT GURU ALUMNI. This is our web-based Alumni.
- Fees and dates advertised for this course are subject to change and Credit Guru Inc's liability is limited to the reimbursement of the paid Seminar fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If for valid reasons you are unable to attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo towards a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment administration fee.
Nonattendance will incur the full seminar fee and no refunds will be applicable.
This seminar can be delivered to you at your location. You can find out more by calling us at (416)282-2216 or Toll free at 1-866-892-GURU  Email email@example.com or Request Onsite Training Quote
PRODUCT CODE: SOX05