FINANCIAL STATEMENTS- Understanding, Interpreting and Analyzing
- START DATE:
- Apr 21, 2020, 09:00
- FINISH DATE:
- Apr 21, 2020, 16:00
- 395.00 $ per Attendee (Tax excl.)
- CITY '(click for details)':
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS- Understanding, Interpreting and Analyzing.
No prior knowledge of accounting or finance is required to benefit from this course
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
This high-impact one-day program will navigate you through the complexities of financial statements in a logical, clear and easy-to-understand language. No prior knowledge of accounting or finance is required to benefit from this course. Any non-financial person with impact on financial results will find the course invaluable. In short if you have a need to interpret and analyze financial statements then this course is for you.
In reviewing the basics of financial statements, the course walks attendees through the essentials of understanding a company's financial health by accurately reading and interpreting balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. It carefully explains how to evaluate financial statements using tools of financial analysis like ratios, vertical analysis and horizontal analysis.
The course also takes the participant behind the numbers to explain how companies formulate their financial documents and what key areas creditors should look-out for, in evaluating credit worthiness.
The course is intense yet enjoyable and practical. Participants are not expected to have any formal accounting experience.
Each participant receives excellent course material and is awarded a 'Certificate of Completion' at the end of the course.
Who should attend:
This seminar is essential training for department heads, team leaders, credit-granting associates, sales associates, business owners, non-financial business associates and managers that are involved in measuring and managing financial results.
If you have a need to read, interpret and analyze financial statements then this course for you.
- Overview of financial statements
- The strengths and limitations of financial statements
- Overview of basic accounting principles and methods
- The structure and application of individual financial statements: the balance sheet, income statement/retained earnings, cash flow statement and notes to statements
- The various reports associated with financial analysis and their order of relevance.
- Analyzing statements: ratio analysis, common sizing, peer group analysis and trending.
- Analyzing cash flow and cash conversion
- Evaluating credit worthiness
- Basic techniques that companies use to manipulate their numbers.
- Web and other resources
- Case study
By attending this seminar you should be able to:
- appreciate the uses and applications of the different kinds of financial statements
- understand key financial analysis tools
- use a quick and practical approach to looking at financial statements given the time constraints that we have for analysis and decision making
- interpret key financial figures and their impact on a business
- understand the relationships between operational strength, investment and financing decisions
- identify the danger signals to look for when assessing creditworthiness and granting credit-limits to existing and new customers
- identify basic irregularities while looking at financial numbers.
- understand the difference between cash flows and accounting profit
- recognize the limitations of financial statements
- take the guesswork out of analyzing financial statements
- decipher financial jargon; improve your financial comprehension skills and communicate confidently with accounting and financial professionals
Our Course Instructor:
Our course leader on this topic has worked as a risk and credit management professional with the world's largest credit and business reporting agency. He has taught this course to thousands all across North America in Public seminars and has also customized it for corporations based upon their individual business needs. His instructional style makes difficult financial concepts easy to comprehend.
That is the reason why we unconditionally offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Other Course Details:
- The seminar fee includes all seminar material, lunch and refreshments
- There is a SPECIAL TEAM SAVINGS provision when two or more members from the same organization register for this program at the same time for the same date. For this particular course SAVE $20 per participating member.
- Upon completion a participant can apply for the membership to the CREDIT GURU ALUMNI. This is our web-based Alumni.
- Fees and dates advertised for this course are subject to change and Credit Guru Inc's liability is limited to the reimbursement of the paid Seminar fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If for valid reasons you are unable to attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo towards a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment administration fee.
Nonattendance will incur the full seminar fee and no refunds will be applicable.
This seminar can be delivered to you at your location. You can find out more by calling us at (416)282-2216 or Toll free at 1-866-892-GURU Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Request Onsite Training Quote
PRODUCT CODE: AFS05