Business Bankruptcy and Insolvency in Canada and its impact on Creditors
- START DATE:
- Feb 25, 2020, 09:00
- FINISH DATE:
- Feb 25, 2020, 16:00
- 375.00 $ per Attendee (Tax excl.)
- CITY '(click for details)':
Business Bankruptcy and Insolvency in Canada and its impact on Creditors.
Only Commercial Bankruptcy & Insolvency issues and not Consumer Bankruptcy & Insolvency issues are discussed in this course.
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
This one-day program gives the participant an overview of the Canadian business bankruptcy and insolvency arena and its impact on Credit and Collection Management.
For any company that is taking the risk of doing business on credit, the subject of bankruptcy and insolvency should be of utmost importance. It is a debtor's world out there and as a creditor if you understand your rights and recognize the latent signals that your debtor radiates of financial stress, could give you the edge over your own survival as a business and additionally allow significant
The legalese associated with this subject itself could be fairly confusing and overwhelming for a creditor. Then, the law pertaining to insolvency in the past has been and in the future will be, subject to many reforms. This course is not intended to make the participant a legal expert in this subject but it will impart enough knowledge to a creditor to exercise practicality in their day to day jobs and seek legal help only when required. This could help save the creditor invaluable time, money and resources which makes this seminar an ideal return on your investment (ROI).
This course is designed for the credit and collection professional to stay on top of their debtors, recognize their signals of financial stress and exercise on their rights if an insolvency or bankruptcy occurs.
The course explains complex issues through hypothetical cases and is practical.
Each participant receives excellent course material and is awarded a 'Certificate of Completion' at the end of the course.
Who should attend:
This seminar will be of particular benefit to those credit, collection, business associates and managers involved in credit granting and recovery process. It would also benefit those who are interested in learning more about risk mitigation.
- Overview of Corporate Insolvency in Canada
- What is restructuring and CCAA?
- Reorganizing under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- How is the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act structured?
- What key reforms are associated with the Act?
- Understanding the different class of creditors - Secured vs. Unsecured
- The key areas and sections of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act that should be of interest and importance to creditors.
- Creditor's rights under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act?
- Federal and Provincial implications.
- How does vital statistics help credit and risk management?
- What is Receivership and what are your remedies as a creditor if a company goes into receivership?
- Types of bankruptcies.
- Do companies really declare bankruptcy because of financial difficulty or could there be other reasons that could be vested?
- Interesting web resources related to this topic?
What you will learn - By attending this seminar, you will:
- Recognize the signals of a company that is in or getting into financial difficulty
- Understand your rights as a creditor if a company declares bankruptcy
- Obtain working knowledge regarding your remedies and rights as a creditor.
- Be ready for the reforms coming your way in the area of bankruptcy and insolvency.
- Understand the different laws associated with bankruptcy and insolvency and it's far reaching application to the workings within the credit and collection business unit.
- Be able to execute on the various official documents that come your way when a customer declares bankruptcy.
- Improve your skills as a credit and collection professional and communicate confidently with monitors, trustees, receivers and other insolvency or legal professionals
Our Course Instructor:
Our course instructors have solid practical experience and are experts in the areas surrounding corporate credit and risk management. They have instructional styles that make difficult concepts easy to comprehend and are trained to impart a great overall learning experience. That is the reason why we unconditionally offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Other Course Details:
- The seminar fee includes all seminar material, lunch and refreshments
- There is a SPECIAL TEAM SAVINGS provision when two or more members from the same organization register for this program at the same time for the same date. For this particular course SAVE $20 per participating member.
- Upon completion a participant can apply for the membership to the CREDIT GURU ALUMNI. This is our web-based Alumni.
- Fees and dates advertised for this course are subject to change and Credit Guru Inc's liability is limited to the reimbursement of the paid Seminar fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If for valid reasons you are unable to attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo towards a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment administration fee.
Nonattendance will incur the full seminar fee and no refunds will be applicable.
This seminar can be delivered to you at your location. You can find out more by calling us at (416)282-2216 or Toll free at 1-866-892-GURU or Email email@example.com or Request Onsite Training Quote
PRODUCT CODE: BIA05