Ontario's Construction Lien Law - A practical approach for Collections.
Time: 9 am to 12 pm
This half-day program offered by the Corporate Credit & Risk Management division of Credit Guru Inc., is designed to assist anyone who is not an expert on Ontario Construction Lien Law matters. This program explains and translates the laws that govern those involved in construction in Ontario into easily understandable practices and procedures.
While the program is about the law, it is presented in practical, easy-to-understand terms without complexities, legal jargon or confusion.
Each participant receives excellent course material and is awarded a 'Certificate of Completion' at the end of the course.
Who should attend:
It is an ideal seminar for beginners or those who need a quick brush-up. This may include developers, owners, contractors, subcontractors, sureties, lenders, architects, facility and asset managers, consulting engineers, attorneys, and others. It will be of specific help for credit and collection professionals in the construction business trying to enforce their policy under lien rights.
- Overview of the Act
- Who is entitled to the Lien?
- Standard Contracts
- Payment Bonds
- Release and Waivers
- Achieving business goals by mediation or arbitration
- Preventative Maintenance
Our Course Instructor:
The Faculty that gets chosen to do this seminar is composed of recognized experts from the Construction Group of the Ontario. They are able to talk about the daily issues you face with clarity and precision. Assuring total practicality, members and attorneys of the Group are also experienced as architects, engineers, and contractors.
That is the reason why we unconditionally offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Other Course Details:
- The seminar fee includes all seminar material and refreshments
- There is a SPECIAL TEAM SAVINGS provision when two or more members from the same organization register for this program at the same time for the same date. For this particular course SAVE $20 per participating member.
- Upon completion a participant can apply for the membership to the CREDIT GURU ALUMNI. This is our web-based Alumni.
- Fees and dates advertised for this course are subject to change and Credit Guru Inc's liability is limited to the reimbursement of the paid Seminar fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If for valid reasons you are unable to attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo towards a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment administration fee.
Nonattendance will incur the full seminar fee and no refunds will be applicable.